Download our free Resume Ebook

Asked by Gennadii on March 28, 2017

I'm structural stress analysis engineer with 8 years experience. I'm trying to apply for each opportunity in the United States but I do not have US citizenship or a green card. How can I find employer who will help me with this?

Answered by Tom, Hiring Expert at VF Corporation, on April 28, 2017

Unfortunately, there is no simple way to do this.  You may get a clue from some company career sites or some language in their job descriptions, but companies have no obligation to "advertise" so to speak that they will assist with citizenship/green card.  Suggest you focus on looking at companies who have a clear global, multi-national presence, they are more likely to support global mobility / support international hiring.

Was this answer helpful?

Answered by Sara, Hiring Expert at Grace, on June 12, 2017

Your profession sounds interesting, but you are in a challenging situation. I would probe for global companies and companies who state that they are willing to sponsor. This is quite costly for employers, but there are those out there who will sponsor talent. I would also network within your field to see if you can make connections who can give you leads in your area of expertise.

Was this answer helpful?

related questions