/ Asked by andy
I started working after my final exams, but my university held my degree because of my low GPA. I have been working for about a year now, and I don't know how tell my employer that I basically didn't yet graduate. The University is asking me to comeback for a semester and do some extra credits to raise my GPA. Should I resign from my job? Or should I tell my employer and then resign so I can go back and receive my degree?
Answered by Ashley, Hiring Expert at Cardinal Health, on Wednesday, April 4, 2018
I think honesty is always the best policy in situations like this. My first question would be, did your employer verify your education when they hired you? If you falsely provided a degree to your employer that you didn't actually receive, they may ask you to resign. But, if they never verified your degree or if it wasn't a hard requirement for the job then I don't see any concerns. I would recommend that you come forward to your manager with this and explain that you have to go back to school to complete a couple of courses. Before resigning from your job, I would see if there is an opportunity for you to take the classes online or on evenings/weekends. Or, if there is any flexibility in your work schedule so you can stay employed and also complete the courses.
Good luck!
Real Time Web Analytics