/ Asked by Nathalie
I am applying for part time jobs and had a bunch of interviews this week. I had 2 interviews yesterday and this morning one already offered me the position. However, I like the other job that I applied for, a little more. The other job told me that they will let me know by next week. What do I do? I don't want to burn any bridges as I need a job.
Answered by Sara, Hiring Expert at Textron Inc., on Wednesday, May 9, 2018
Having multiple options can be tricky. Typically, companies will give you a little time to decide whether to accept the offer. If you were asked to answer in the next day or two you could ask the company to give you a little more time to decide and they may be willing to allow you a week or so. If they are unable to provide you the extension, you may need to make a decision on the first offer before finding out about the second position. If that is the case, you should think through the pros and cons of each opportunity as well as the implications of waiting to hear from the second company. You may want to consider whether one or the other will better help you reach your career goals and what else you want to gain from your experience. In the end, if you choose to accept the first position you should likely stand behind your choice whether you get an offer from the second company. Good luck with your decision. 
Real Time Web Analytics